You can claim 100% of computer costs; however, the following conditions apply:
• You must have made the purchase after January 27, 2009, and before February 2011.
• The asset must be:
– situated in Canada;
– not have been used, or acquired for use, for any purpose before it is acquired by the taxpayer; and
– be acquired by the taxpayer:
• for use in a business carried on by the taxpayer in Canada or for the purposes of earning income from property situated in Canada; or
• for lease by the taxpayer to a lessee for use by the lessee in a business carried on by the lessee in Canada or for the purpose of earning income from property situated in Canada.
You may be able to expense more than you think! Please call Avner Polatsek for a free initial consultation.